6 min read
Water damage can strike at any time and affect any residential property in East Texas. Whether it’s due to a burst pipe, heavy rainfall, or a malfunctioning appliance, the consequences can be costly and devastating to your belongings and property structure if not addressed promptly. In these situations, homeowners should respond immediately and contact a reliable water damage restoration service provider.
Through their immediate response, homeowners can minimize the damage, salvage their belongings, and restore their homes to their former state more effectively. Let’s explore why addressing water damage immediately and contacting a technician for water damage restoration in East Texas is a must.
What Is Water Damage?
Water damage occurs when unwanted water, moisture, or humid conditions destroy or deteriorate your belongings or the structure of your property. It can develop in your home for several reasons, including instant water damage from flooding and roof leaks to issues around your property that cause water damage over time, such as leaking pipes or plumbing issues that go unnoticed for long periods.
Left unchecked, water damage can lead to various short and long-term issues around your property. It can also cause structural damage to your home and destroy your belongings. In most cases, water damage is best treated with water damage restoration from East Texas professionals.
Why Should I Address Water Damage Immediately?
Water damage can affect the stability and condition of your property and assets. Whether the signs of water damage are instant or have taken years to develop, it’s best to contact an East Texas restoration company as soon as you see visible signs. Left untreated, water damage can lead to several short and long-term issues:
- Destruction of Belongings: Aside from your home’s structure, water damage can ruin furniture, valuables, important documents, and other belongings. These will need to be repaired or replaced, which adds to the costs of restoring your home.
- Potential Health Risks: Mold growth can lead to the spread of spores that can trigger allergies and respiratory conditions. Pooling water can also lead to pest or animal infestations. There are also physical risks of residing in a home with an unstable structure.
- Decreased Property Value: If you plan on selling your home, buyers will inspect the property and potentially find signs of water damage. This can devalue your home as buyers won’t want to pay market value for a property that will need additional renovations and repairs before they can safely occupy it.
- Higher Repair Costs: Regular maintenance and addressing signs of water damage immediately can address issues in your home at its early stages. These are usually minor problems that can be resolved. Leaving it unaddressed can cause the situation to worsen and affect other aspects of your home. This means paying more to repair your property down the road.
- Insurance Coverage Issues: Home insurance policies won’t cover the cost of repairing water damage caused by specific issues. For example, you can’t file a claim for water damage caused by a roof leak if you didn’t maintain your roof. You also can’t file a claim for mold damage if you don’t take steps to mitigate mold growth.
- Deterioration of Building Materials: Water and high humidity can cause visual damage to your property. These can include stubborn water stains, warped drywall and flooring materials, bubbled paint finishes, peeling wallpaper, and more.
- Structural Damage: On top of the aesthetics of your home, water damage can also compromise your home’s structural integrity. This includes roof damage, weakening of the load-bearing frame, soil erosion around the foundation, and insulation damage.
- Mold Growth: Excess water and humidity in dark and damp areas can create a conducive environment for mold growth. This can spread around your property’s structure and onto your furniture.
- Electrical Hazards: Water can come in contact with electrical systems, breaking your electrical system or causing an electrical hazard around the property. It can also spread to your home’s HVAC systems and cause electrical issues with your HVAC equipment.
What Should I Do If I See Water Damage in My Home in East Texas?
There are different signs of water damage to look out for, so the first step you need to do is locate the source of the damage. It could be from a broken pipe, a recent flooding, a damaged roof, or cracks in the foundation. Whether you know the source or are unsure but see signs of destruction pointing to water damage, get in touch with a restoration company that provides immediate water damage restoration in East Texas. They can provide quick, temporary fixes to prevent the damage from worsening. They can assess the condition of your home and see what East Texas restoration services are needed before they can proceed.
Next, contact your insurance agent to file an insurance claim. The process varies for insurance providers, so let them advise you on the following steps. To strengthen your claim, document the property damage. Your restoration technicians can help you with this step.
Once the East Texas restoration technician has made your home safe, they can start with salvaging. This means going through your belongings to sift out which items can be salvaged with some repairs or which are better disposed of. This step also involves removing wet items from your home and drying your indoor spaces to minimize the risk of mold growth and water seeping into your structure.
After your belongings have been sorted, your water damage restoration service providers will begin restoring your home. This can involve cleaning, mold remediation, plumbing repairs, renovations, and restoring your home’s functional and aesthetic aspects.
Trust Restoration 1 for Residential Water Damage Restoration in East Texas
Homeowners should recognize the importance of addressing signs of water damage as soon as possible. You can never tell when an issue will pop up in an instant or has been building for a while, so contacting a responsive water damage restoration service provider can help you avoid devastating and costly damage to your home.
At Restoration 1, we understand the stress of water and mold damage affecting your property. We also understand that water damage can strike at any time. This is why our certified restoration technicians are available 24/7 through our emergency services. Contact us at (903) 419-0161 or fill up our contact form to schedule your booking for a free quote.